A huge basement-level City Market, some prices great, others horrible. They were also out of many staples.
Here is what was interesting:
- Very cheap cleaned muikku (a wee little lake fish)
- Frozen Finnish reindeer
- Coconut/rice/nut milk
- Good prices on frozen Finnish berries, and a better berry selection than at most places.
- Frozen organic spinach
- Cheap frozen Asian catfish
- Lots of quinoa
- Good prices on organic oils including organic cold pressed coconut oil and olive oil
- MACADAMIA NUT OIL!
Examples of what not to buy there currently because they are overpriced:
- Milk (Organic milk 50 p more expensive than, e.g., my local Alepa and not a great selection)
- Eggs — Stockmann is a better option
- The fresh fish looks good, but Stockmann often beats their prices there as well.
They did not have:
- Alpro almond milk– even the sweetened kind
- Whole or steel-cut oats
- Whole Finnish buckwheat (why is no one carrying this?!)
Endive in left over turkey broth.